You can actually tell and feel when you’re starting to fade away from someone. The conversations get shorter, they get less meaningful, less exciting. You can feel the wall that’s coming up between you two. And then in the end, you’re back to being strangers.
alternatives to “it was all just a dream”
- it was all just a story the narrator heard somebody else tell on the bus
- it was all just somebody rambling after getting their wisdom teeth out
- it was all just a feature length puppet show
- it was all just a set of cave paintings
- it was all just a frighteningly elaborate set of instructions on the back of a microwaveable meal